description


17 February 2012

Music

I used to think I had to listen to something that was labeled "Christian" in order to listen to it, be moved by it, grow from it, etc.  And whenever I did branch out and listen to "secular" stuff, I'd kind of feel guilty, like I wasn't being spiritual  enough.

I was bound.  

Today, I'm no longer in this state of mind, and I think my soul prospers for it.  

Now here are my two requirements for listening to music that I like.  Of course it's not a rule I have to follow.  These are what I tend to look for in good music.    
1) The music (with lyrics) is about something true 
2) The music is inspired by the artist's soul or spirit

When those two are present in good music, it moves me.  Moves me to tears, to action, or it just stirs my pot.

          No labels.  Just music.

So that's it.  That's my bit on music.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Similar journey here. There's so much great stuff that's not labeled--and Jesus didn't stick to labels. :)

    ReplyDelete