description


11 March 2012

Day 36...Love love (an entry from "Letters to Sadie")

Dear Sadie,
Tonight you were so full.  So full of love.  You told me you loved me about 5-6 times in a period of about an hour.  You spent the day with your grandparents, and then saw your other grandparents a little bit later this evening as it worked out.  Daddy was home from work.  You had a great day this morning with church friends.  You and I hung out as usual.  So I think it's safe to say your cup got pretty full today.  Tonight, you just spilled over.  We were brushing teeth this evening and I asked you, "Sadie, you're so full of love tonight, aren't you?"  And she just said, so dreamily, "Yeah, I love love."

I love love, too! Ha ha!  Without love, where would we be?  I'm so glad to be a part of a family, and from a heritage, where love expressed is an every day occurrence.  There is nothing like the security and safe haven of a house full of love.  Love expressed.  Love acted upon.  Love carried out.

Tonight I had a headache.  A pretty bad one, but a functional one anyways.  I guess the Lord knew I needed that extra dose of affection, because you were dishing it out like you were on a drug or something!  The love drug.  Well, it rubbed off.  Thank you, Lord.  Thank you for showering me with your tender, sweet love through my daughter tonight.

As we lied in bed cuddling I said, "You are SUCH a sweetheart." You simply replied, "I thought you might say that."

Love you,
Mommy

"But the greatest of these is love."  1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment