description


23 February 2012

Day 4 of the No Nap Experiment

 Having a nice "rest" on our front porch (no napping here! :)

  Went to the park today..crazy face here!

Ok, so I don't have any "followers," so there's no real need to recap this experiment, but what they HAY.  My three year-old has never liked naps.  She's never been a good napper, although it's probably 50/50 that she really complains and has a hard time going to sleep.  Many people start dropping their kids' naps at around 2,3,4, or 5.  My point, it's different for everyone!  It's always a touch subject, because everyone has their own opinion on what's best.  For me, I have to do what's right for my child and me.  I have a very mature daughter.  If anyone can do it, she can, right?  My thinking is that she'll be able to stick to an early (8pm) bedtime if we get this nap dropped.  So this is the experiment!!!  I've been tracking her progress, and so far, so good!  Today is Day 4, and DEFINITELY the best day yet.  Yeah!!  No major meltdowns.  No temper tantrums.  Because we were not locked into a "naptime" for her (my youngest child still takes naps, but they're more predictable and definitely easier), we were able to go to the park when he was up.  She had a great time running and playing and gave me no slack when it was time to hit the road.  Beautiful.  We ended the day with the grandparents popping in for a play visit, and because of that, we got them to bed a little later than 8pm, but still nothing crazy.  The best part?  She didn't fight it ONE BIT!!  My guess?  She was actually TIRED and ready.  Awesome!!!!!!  This could be the beginning of beautiful bedtimes....

No comments:

Post a Comment