description


22 February 2012

No Nap Experiment...Day 3

Today was the best day yet! I heard several "I'm tired"s today. We went for a walk and ran around chasing bubbles in the neighborhood cul-de-sac.  She came back exhausted but kept pressing on!  And I love that I can give her a little extra dose of sugar during the day, like the tootsie pop today, and not worry about it delaying her nap any.  She looked pretty droopy by the afternoon, but she really hung in there all day and was really very cooperative, which was nice. At the end of it she did fight getting ready just a little bit, but nothing too serious.  And best of all, it was her earliest bedtime yet, 8:15 asleep!  Upon lying down in bed she said, "But I'm not ready to go to bed yet."  Just one song (the leap frog "every letter makes a sound" song, but "not all the way to z, just a little part," was requested), and then I said I'd be back in a bit to kiss her good-night.  When I came back in about 10 minutes later she was asleep!  Yeah for day 3!  Could it be getting easier, really?  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment