description


26 February 2012

No Naps!!! Recap of Day 6 and 7

Going well! While I don't want my daughter to GROW UP!! I do want her to maintain good sleep patterns and happily go to bed at night, welcoming it as a warm and fuzzy experience!!  Yesterday was another unusual day, where we went on a family outing to Menchies!!! (where Daddy works)  Being that the drive there is over an hour, she couldn't resist a car nap on the way home at 2:45pm. When we got home, she perked up and finished her evening with no arguing, no tantrums, etc.  I was very pleased! Success! Happy girl!  Happy mommy and daddy! :)

Since we were spending the night at Nana and Daa's, she woke up very early, as is normal at their house.  6:30am to be exact!  I thought for SURE she would crash on the way home from church this afternoon.  NOPE!    Instead, I'm happy to report, she played, was extremely happy, and very cooperative.  I'd venture to say she is getting used to the routine of no naps.  Mommy and daddy, on the other hand, worked to squeeze naps in for themselves.  But little three year-old?  Not a wink.  And that turned out to be profitable in the end because, as I said, she was extremely happy today.  We played together on the floor for about an hour, and she continued playing by herself happily before and after that.  When it came to bed time, she did everything we told her to (slightly delayed with the brushing the teeth, but nothing bad), we read 5 books, and she went to bed.  AND....the best part....AS WITH EVERY DAY SO FAR, SHE DIDN'T GET OUT OF BED!!! Not one time has she come to ask us for water,  too cold, wants cuddles, can't sleep, too hot, etc.  Nope!  NOT ONE TIME!  What does that tell me?  She's ready to go to sleep, and is happy!  Today was the earliest of all the bedtimes, and right on target for where I'd like to keep it.  8:00pm.  Actually she went to bed at 7:50pm...and I imagine she was long gone by 8:00pm.  Yeah!  Success!  I think we may have to just stop journaling now.  It's been a week, and I like what I'm seeing!  She no longer has to have a nap to be content or agreeable.  But she can have a little one if we're out in the car on an afternoon.  So this will be the end of the chronicling.  This no nap journey has been an interesting one, for me anyways.  Signing off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment